2RN Was the call sign for Irelands first broadcasting transmitter,which first broadcast in 1925 with experimental brodcastings and then officialy started broadcasting on the first of January 1926,It got its call sign from the last three syllabels in the song (Come back to Erin).The studio was in 36 little Denmark Street (which now no longer exists),there is now a shopping centre there called the Ilec Centre.In 1928 the studio moved to the G.P.O on O`Connell street.The transmitter was a 1.5kw Qtype and broadcast on 390 meters,it was housed in a hut in Mckee Barricks beside the Pheonex Park.